Advanced Database Performance Assessments from flashdba provide an in-depth expert review of your Oracle database’s performance resulting in a customer-facing report and optional onsite presentation, discussing the following:
- Overview of database performance
- Overview of storage performance
- User and System I/O Latencies
- Demand for Throughput and IOPS over time
- CPU Usage and Average Active Sessions
- Review of database storage layout
- Review of ASM or filesystem configuration
- Review of database initialisation parameters
- Advice and guidance on existing infrastructure
- Suggestions for future infrastructure investment (if applicable)
All work will be carried out by me personally. To recap, I have been working with Oracle databases for 18 years, having started in 1997 as a developer and designer. I worked variously as a database architect, development DBA and production DBA before joining Oracle Corporation UK in 2008 as a database and RAC subject matter expert. In recent years I have been working in a technical presales role as a database specialist within the rapidly-expanding flash storage industry. I’m also proud to have achieved Oracle Certified Master status for both 10g and 11g.
An Advanced Database Performance Assessment requires 3 days plus an optional 4th day if an onsite presentation of findings is required. Further services, such as migration planning and storage infrastructure advice, are available on request.